9/15/07

Product innovation #1

I LOVE noticing new and interesting innovations in the marketplace and I will be posting some of my observations on this blog. Here's one I saw last night at Target:


It has air freshening beads in the base. I'm not saying this is going to be a big hit or anything, I just like seeing what product designers come up with.

(If I could rewind time -- and knew that the discipline existed at the time -- I might have majored in Industrial Design in college. Instead I made the only other logical choice = Accounting.)

BTW -- I love the story about how the Method soap company came into being. I wish they still sold the inverted bulb dish soap bottle that started it all:


And I wish I had come up with the idea...

2 comments:

austinmcraig said...

Why don't they still sell that? Wasn't that a huge hit?

Richard said...

I think despite its ingenious inverted nipple cap, they couldn't get it to not leak all over the place.