This is fascinating:
Play with the interactive version here. Change the settings to Men, Women, People with Kids, or Without, etc.
A few observations:
- 7:00 AM and 10:30 PM appear to be the most common "wake up"' and "go to sleep" times.
- Lunch is the most concentrated meal of the day, generally at 12:00 noon. Dinner is much more spread out, but most commonly occurs right after 6:00 PM. Breakfast is much harder to figure out.
- People are getting more sleep than you would think (everyone seems to claim they don't get enough sleep, but in total, we are averaging over 8 hours per night).
- People watch a lot of TV and movies.
- The amount of "computer" time doesn't seem high enough to me.