9/20/07

Me wantee 3

The Vita Mix blender.

I've seen this demo'ed inside Costco a couple of times. I'm always mesmerized.

Among other things, I want to be able to make really smooth smoothies, at home. The blender attachment to our Bosch broke a few months ago so I am currently using our lame, back-up
Oster blender (wedding present). The Oster leaves all kinds of pulp at the bottom after I'm done blending. Plus, I have to wear ear plugs when using it. It is deafeningly loud.

Pay attention next time you go into a Jamba Juice, Jugo Juice, or where ever. Odds are they're using a Vita Mix.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I love this demo too. I love the way they go from smoothies to tortilla soup!

austinmcraig said...

I'm the last person in the world who needs one of these, and I almost did it because of how awesome the demo was. Do it, Rich. Do it for all of us.

Sarah said...

I love mine! Very good investment! But be warned, it is super loud too! You just don't notice it at Costco because it's already a noisy place.

Becky said...

Richard. You already know my comments because I am sitting next to you while I type this. But for you, I will comment anyway. You know how much I would use that Vita Mix! It would be a wonderful tool to promote health and well being in our home. I was so close to buying it at the last Costco demo that it was painful to walk out of the store without it.

pam said...

In Europe everybody uses the hand held immersion blenders. We had a couple of different ones on the mission. And I even had a couple of different once in Phoenix before we went. But they never worked well enough to get the job done. Now I have a Cuisinart hand held immersion blender that really has a lot of power and I love it. I makes a really good smoothie because it will grind up crished ice and make a really good ice cream consistency with no big chunks.

pam said...

Me again. Change that crished to crushed.

Jason Bagley said...

The VitaMix is good, but the blendtec is even better. More powerful, and much easier to clean. We use ours several times a day.