9/24/07

A fantastic beverage

Sangria Senorial is one of the most delicious soft drinks on planet Earth. Ask for it the next time you are out for Mexican food (or pick some up at your local Food City and dine in style at home).

This beverage also plays a staring role in the one and only time in my life I have had alcohol.

Since I was only familiar with the soft drink version of "sangria" I ordered one at a work dinner party. When it arrived in a large glass over ice (sans the bottle), I thought nothing of the familiar purple beverage. So I took one full enthusiastic drink of the beverage...and knew instantly that there had been a mistake. It was disgusting!

From that one drink my breath stunk of alcohol for the rest of the night. Especially embarrassing that this all occurred in front of my boss and co-workers.

Soft drink version = wonderful
Alcohol version = disgusting

2 comments:

pam said...

Sorry about your alcoholic version experience. Last week we went to a Salvadoran Greasy Spoon type restaurant in downtown Provo and had some of that Sangria soft drink and it was really delicious like you said. But we weren't too impressed with the Salvadoran food so probably won't be trying it again.

austinmcraig said...

Mom, if you're ever down here and want to know any little places to go eat, let me know. I've tried them all. But I haven't tried enough Sangria, apparently.