9/1/07

A fabulous night's sleep


Becky has been complaining for months (maybe years) that our mattress is too hard. She was recently fond of saying, upon waking up, that she felt like she had been run over by a truck in the night.

So we began looking for a new mattress. Shocking! Considering we paid $400 the first time around and, in my opinion, the mattress had given us 12 good years of tireless service (sorry for the pun). I could not believe that most of the mattresses that looked (and felt) compelling to us cost$2,000 - $4,000. Plus, we were faced with the paradox of chioce: do you go with the Tempur-Pedic or the Sleep Number? I can think of many other ways I would like to spend that kind of money.

Luckily, a Costco coupon mailer came to the rescue. They offered $25 off a memory foam mattress topper. I persuaded Becky that we should give it a try considering it could end up saving us a ton of money. (As an aside we had already tried two other mattress toppers and both had what I call a "hammock" effect that I hated -- so I was more that a little scared that this one would have the same problem).

Well I am happy to report that we have been sleeping on the Novafoam "Choices" topper for almost two months now and we both love it.

Just think for $125 or so you too might be able to avoid buying a multi-thousand dollar new mattress.

I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

austinmcraig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
austinmcraig said...

If you do spring for a new mattress.

Jason Bagley said...

ASTHMA SUFFERERS BEWARE: After reading that memory foam can aggravate asthma symptoms I decided to try a different pillow. Sure enough, my asthma improved. I do miss my memory foam pillow though. It has also occurred to me that posting a comment about my asthma makes me considerably less cool to the 6 people in North America who thought I was.

Becky said...

This mattress topper has saved my life. Okay, if not saved my life, then definitely saved my marriage. Okay, if not my marriage, than definitely my back.

Becky said...

Emily, if you're reading, please tell me which of the above "thens" was used appropriately. Actually, Richard you could probably inform me on this one, too.

Emily said...

I had to think about it, but 'than.'