11/3/08

Desert Grande Duathlon / Triathlon




















As you can see, I have a lot of electronics on me when I run: a heart rate monitor on my left wrist & chest, stop watch on my right wrist, Body Bugg on my left arm, trusty pedometer on my waist, iPod on my waist (yes, I listen to podcasts rather than music while I run/race). I wish I had a pacing GPS watch!

One year ago, this same race marked my return to the sport. I improved my prior time by 18 minutes...but, truth be told, that has more to do with the fact that last year I took a wrong turn on the bike and rode 50% further than planned.

I have only done a few races in the past year (Desert Grande twice, Mesa Turkey Trot 10k, & Payson Sprint Triathlon), but this is the first one where I haven't felt like I was going to die before I made it to the finish line. The 2008 Turkey Trot is in a few weeks and then Ragnar in February.

I just wish I could go faster...


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I have a pacing GPS watch (gift from Danny on Mother's Day) and it is my most favorite running tool. Highly recommend it.