11/13/07

Throwing down the gauntlet: Casa Grande Duathlon

I'm reporting back on my earlier Throwing Down the Gauntlet post...

The Casa Grande Duathlon/Triathlon was my first multi-sport race after a 17 year hiatus. The bike route wasn’t marked very well at one of the turns so along with about 100 other people I did a 17 mile ride instead of the planned 10. Both sections of the run were cross-country style out in the desert -- which I liked.

All in all, a fun race. I'll do it again next year.

The Turkey Trot is in a couple of weeks and then the Anthem Sprint Triathlon to finish out the year. All are welcome to join the fun. Even Austin.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go! I'm impressed.

Natalie Hall said...

I really think that is so wonderful. Gosh and I thought I was cool running 11 miles the other day pushing Cash, but you are HARDCORE! I guess the turkey trott will be a fun family event.
Wave to all the LITTLE people as you sprint past us.

Richard said...

Natalie -- I assure you that running 11 miles is a MUCH bigger feat than the very small duathlon I completed!

Way to go!

(Shandon will be the man to catch at the Turkey Trot. Last year he beat the Turkey!)

Richard said...

With sadness I must report to the world that I will not be doing the Anthem Triathlon.

I went to register last night and realized that it will cost me $80 to do the race (on top of the entry fee they charge you $10 for a one day insurance policy). Crazy!

I already have more than a sufficient supply of other requests for my money in the month of December. I'm more of a $30-$50 range kind of race guy.

Note to the race organizers: Unless your race includes roving princesses AND a roller coaster ride -- plus churros and hot dogs -- it shouldn't cost as much as a day at Disneyland!