11/7/08

...attained to the Age of thirty-five Years

Article II of the U.S. Constitution states:

      No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So, I guess that means the balls in my court now.

Credit goes to Emily for reminding me of this forgotten bit of civicsif only I had remembered earlier! Perhaps I could have been the one announcing who my new White House chief of staff would be this week!

4 comments:

Angela said...

You've had a birthday, shout hooray! We expect your announcement for the next election!

Courtney said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Rich. You've now reached that unfelicitous age at which rounding to the nearest decade gets you to old-man 40 status. I'm dreading the day when my body realizes how old I am. But with all your running, it sounds like you've tricked your body into thinking its 20 still. Congrats!

Jared

Richard said...

Thank you to all the well-wishers.

I had a great b-day, thanks in no small part to a fantastic wife and a gaggle of great kids.