10/24/08

Multitasking Stinks

At one point yesterday* I was watching a LiveMeeting training on my right monitor while listening to the corresponding audio on my office phone wireless headset in my right ear. On my left monitor I was responding to emails, analyzing a spreadsheet, and responding to instant message queries from a co-worker. During that already insane mix, my beloved called me on my cell phone…so that took care of my left ear.

I’m not entirely sure where my brain was during this whole episode.

*Ironically, my calendar showed unavailable, my phone was set on “Send all Calls” to voicemail, my email was set on “Out of Office”, and my instant messenger was set to “Do Not Disturb” during this block of time. Modern work life is ridiculous! The only way to be truly unreachable is to go scuba diving.

2 comments:

Dan said...

amazing.

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.