10/20/07

The cleanest part of your body


Someone anonymously posted about what might be the cleanest part of the human body (see the comments in my earlier hand washing post). Well, strangely enough this topic has crossed my mind recently...What is the cleanest part of my body?

Here's my official nomination: my hips -- as in 3 or 4 inches below my belt line on either my right or left side. They are covered essentially 24/7 and never interact with the outside world in any significant way.

There you have it. Anyone want to top that? (Exterior of the body only. I understand most of the interior of the body is considered "sterile")

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe your eyeball because it is always getting cleaned by a wet salty solution. Your hip may be contaminated with sweat from your body and excess skin being rubbed from your body.