2/3/08

Automotive History

A time line of cars I have driven...

High School: Chevy Cavalier coupe. It was a four-banger, but was so light that it was still pretty spunky. The one I drove was tan with vinyl seats that would burn your skin in the summer.
Incidentally, if you are going to get a tattoo, don't get one of a Chevy Cavalier:
High School: For some reason dad sold the Cavalier and I started driving my mom's hand-me-down white Oldsmobile DIESEL that looked something like this. Needless to say, I didn't win any friends based on how cool my car was. Did I mention that it shook violently and stunk of diesel fuel?
Post-mission: Another babe magnet car. It is a wonder I ever got married. This was also a hand-me-down car from mom. I can't remember if I also briefly shared the Apex Megadominion Pearl Destroyer with Jason, but if not the car we did share looked a lot like the Pearl Destroyer.
Married life: 1995 Nissan Altima, shown here in our NJ driveway. This was the first car I had a direct hand in selecting (note the shift from GM products to Japanese cars).
The Altima served us well for 11 years until the engine died and it was deemed to be worth around $250. I figure it was fully amortized by that point.

2002 Honda Accord: A great car. V6, power everything. Regrettably it was black. Never buy a black car in AZ.
2002 Toyota Prius: This was one of my "Oops! I accidentally bought two cars on eBay" Priuses. I only owned it for about 6 weeks.
2005 Toyota Prius: More on this car in a future post. I love it!

P.S. Check out my friend Danny's post on the same subject. He is unrivaled in both quantity and diversity of cars!

2 comments:

Jill Bagley said...

I think that is way more cars than jason.
he drove two different oldsmobiles.
and now his mini----and well, he inherited a geo prism with his marriage which he soon killed on purpose by not putting oil in it.

Richard said...

Actually, similar to our communal sock and underwear drawer, until I got married Jason and I shared every car. Oh the unexplored joys of poverty!

I think after his mission Jason was buying and selling cars for a little while. I think he had a Mazda Miata and a Honda Accord. Which made the fact that he drove the Pearl Destroyer for so long all the more puzzling.