12/12/08

Becky...first impressions

I found my old journal the other day. It covers – with very embarrassing handwriting and ridiculous attempts at spelling – the very tail end of my senior year of high school and my first semester of college. I re-read it looking for my first mention of Becky. It is classic! Check it out…

12/13/1992

“Jeff & I have become good friends with Karen Eagleston and Becky Craig (plus Maggie Woods & Heidi Christensen). Jeff likes Heidi now. Becky is one of the coolest girls ever! Becky is smart, good looking, righteous, and totally HAPPY! She is always happy. We have a lot in common. Maybe I’ll fall in love with her when I get home from my mission.”

I entered the MTC exactly one month after that entry was made. It was only after I left her daily presence that I realized how much I missed her. Unbeknownst to her, for the next two years I proceeded to tell people all over Japan that she was my girlfriend.

My prediction of falling in love with her came true

(This photo was taken within days of the journal entry. We went with a group of friends to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square.)

7 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

one of the sweetest posts ever!

Courtney said...

don't worry because becky carried around a key chain the entire time you were on your mission too.

austinmcraig said...

I'll agree with Charlie.

pam said...

We are so glad you two got together!

Candice said...

I love that you two had a lot in common, "smart, good looking, righteous, and totally HAPPY."

The Bagleys scored when Becky came into the family.

Nancy said...

that is so sweet, unbeknownst to you I had named your first six kids for you while you were on your mission. Too bad for the whole name thing that I lost the list. At least I was right about the number!

Nancy said...

P.S. Becky's bangs look awesome in this picture, she should do this look again.