6/28/08

122 Degrees


June 26, 1990

This week marked the 18th anniversary of the day I spent 10 hours working with my dad outside on the hottest day in AZ history.

We knew that it was obscenely hot (you couldn't touch metal objects without getting burned), but it wasn't until later that night that we heard the news about just how hot it was -- 122 degrees. Insanely hot. Uninhabitably hot. Satan's fireplace hot.

If my memory serves me correctly, as we were pulling in to our street at the end of the day, I saw Randy out for an afternoon run.

5 comments:

pam said...

I too vividly remember that day and finding out later just how hot it really had been. Now I am enjoying our high 90's days here.

Angela said...

I remember that day too! Some girl in my elementary school class had a shirt that said "I survived 122 Degrees"

Anne Marie said...

That is just crazy hot. I can't believe that you and your dad spent 10 hours in it. South Texas may get hot, but rarely over 103 or 104 degrees (albeit humidity does make it feel much worse).

Courtney said...

Oh how I remember that day!

I believe you are on the final list! So start runnin' buddy, start runnin'!

Hehe. Sucker.:)

Courtney said...

PS - Brett needs your email address so he can get you all the info.