3/28/08

Wal-Mart

Over the past week, I have had occasion to shop at both CVS and Walgreens. I was amazed/annoyed at how loooong the printed receipts were -- 12 to 18 inches -- even though I had only purchased one or two items. In both cases, this was due to the customer satisfaction surveys they both wanted me participate in.

I just got a receipt from the worlds most exasperating place to shop, Wal-Mart, and was pleasantly surprise by the fact that they have begun double-sided printing on their receipts. Despite numerous items purchases, the receipt was only 6 inches long.

Saves paper, reduces trash, and takes up less space in my wallet. Bravo.

Next on my wish list for Wal-Mart:

1. Turn off the accursed public announcement system (take note, most Wal-Marts are near deafeningly loud)

2. Staff more checkout lines (todays Super Wal-Mart had two lanes staffed by humans open)

3. Hire employees with an IQ above 75

4. Offer an affordable dental insurance plan so your employees can fix their visibly rotting teeth

1 comment:

austinmcraig said...

Agreed, on all accounts.